Songwriting Fundamentals (ONLINE)
TIME & DATE: This is an online, 10-week course that will run from 3/21/21-5/23/21.
The class meets online every Sunday from 4-6pm CST (3/21, 3/28, 4/4, 4/11, 4/18, 4/25, 5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23). All Sunday classes will be recorded & uploaded to the course Dropbox folder, which students will have unlimited access. This allows students the ability to make-up missed classes, revisit lessons, etc.
AGE GROUP: This course will be open to high school students through adults. LIMITED to 6 students.
OVERVIEW: This course focuses on a step-by-step process for improving and reproducing your songwriting. The primary text for the course will be "6 Steps to Songwriting Success: The Comprehensive Guide to Writing and Marketing Hit Songs" by Jason Blume. The techniques are time-tested traits of successful songs, while learning to maintain your unique voice. Some of the areas covered in the text include:
- Developing Successful Song Structures
- Writing Effective Lyrics
- Writing for Specialty Markets
- Composing Memorable Melodies
- Producing Succesful Demos
- Making Connections and Pitching Your Songs
AUDIENCE: This course is designed for both new and experienced songwriters who are looking to improve and expand their songwriting. LIMITED to 6 students.
PREREQUISITES: There are no prerequisites for this course.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Streamline, improve and accelerate your writing process
- Discover and apply your unique writing style
- Apply a step-by-step process to your new ideas
- Employ time-tested techniques to improve and strengthen your writing
- Combine lyrics and music more effectively
- Better produce, pitch and market your songs
INSTRUCTOR: This course will be taught by Bryan Hayes. Bryan is an Avid Certified Instructor and a graduate of Berklee College of Music (Master of Music in Music Production). He is a Professor of Music Production at Visible Music College in Memphis, TN. In addition to teaching, he is a producer, engineer & nationally touring songwriter. He owns and operates Farmhouse Recording Studio in Moscow, TN. He currently serves as the Executive Director of the Roots & American Music Society. Bryan is a member of Memphis Grammy Chapter Producer & Engineer Wing, as well as a member of the Audio Engineering Society.
PRICING & PAYMENT OPTIONS
- Total Cost: $375 (includes text and all digital/media files)
- No Interest Installment Payments Available: $187.50 due on 3/14/21; $187.50 due on 4/18/21
- 5% Discount if paid in full by 3/14/21
Contact Bryan today to reserve/pay for your spot: 901-292-8049 / email@example.com