TIME & DATE: This is a 10 week course that will run from 9/16/20-11/18/20.
The class meets every Wednesday at Farmhouse Studio from 630-8pm CST (9/16, 9/23, 9/30, 10/7, 10/14, 10/21, 10/28, 11/4, 11/11, 11/18)
AGE GROUP: This course will be open to high school students through adults. LIMITED to 6 students.
OVERVIEW: This course focuses on a step-by-step process for improving and reproducing your songwriting. The primary text for the course will be "6 Steps to Songwriting Success: The Comprehensive Guide to Writing and Marketing Hit Songs" by Jason Blume. The techniques are time-tested traits of successful songs, while learning to maintain your unique voice. Some of the areas covered in the text include:
- Developing Successful Song Structures
- Writing Effective Lyrics
- Writing for Specialty Markets
- Composing Memorable Melodies
- Producing Succesful Demos
- Making Connections and Pitching Your Songs
AUDIENCE: This course is designed for both new and experienced songwriters who are looking to improve and expand their songwriting. LIMITED to 6 students.
PREREQUISITES: There are no prerequisites for this course.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Streamline, improve and accelerate your writing process
- Discover and apply your unique writing style
- Apply a step-by-step process to your new ideas
- Employ time-tested techniques to improve and strengthen your writing
- Combine lyrics and music more effectively
- Better produce, pitch and market your songs
INSTRUCTOR: This course will be taught by Bryan Hayes. Bryan is an Avid Certified Instructor and a graduate of Berklee College of Music (Master of Music in Music Production). He is a Professor of Music Production at Visible Music College in Memphis, TN. In addition to teaching, he is a producer, engineer & nationally touring songwriter. He owns and operates Farmhouse Recording Studio in Moscow, TN. He currently serves as the Executive Director of the Roots & American Music Society. Bryan is a member of Memphis Grammy Chapter Producer & Engineer Wing, as well as a member of the Audio Engineering Society.
PRICING & PAYMENT OPTIONS
- Total Cost: $350 (includes text and all digital/media files)
- 3 No Interest Installment Payments: $117 due on 9/16/20, $117 due on 10/7/20 and $116 due on 11/4/20
- 10% Discount if Paid in Full prior to 9/16/20
Contact Bryan today to reserve/pay for your spot: 901-292-8049 / firstname.lastname@example.org